Courtesy of Douglas Baldwin
This pan sauce (not cooked sous vide) pairs with his Pan-seared Chicken Breasts or other seared poultry or meat.
- 8 ounces (225 g) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup (4.2 fl oz/125 ml) half-and-half
- 2 slices bacon, chopped2 cloves garlic, put through a garlic press
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon (.3 oz/10 ml) white vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- Put the cooked spinach and half-and-half in a blender and process until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy; remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and golden brown.
- Add 1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) chicken broth and the vinegar and stir.
- Stir in the spinach mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil.
- Stir in the reserved bacon and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cover until ready to serve