Recipe courtesy of Tom and Lynda Rydall (svkitchen.com)
Serves 2 (recipe easily doubles or triples)
- 4 (3-ounce/84g) bone-in loin lamb chops
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) peeled and sliced garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (each about 2 inches/5 cm long)
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh oregano
- 8 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- Sea salt
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 132F/56C.
- Put the lamb, garlic, herbs (no need to chop the herbs), peppercorns, and butter into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch and cook for 2 hours (or up to 4 hours).
- Remove the chops from the pouch and pat dry, discarding the herbs, garlic, and peppercorns. Season with salt to taste.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high until very hot.
- Sear the chops for about 30 seconds on each side to brown.
- Serve as is, or dress up with a pat of compound butter or your favorite sauce.