- 1 pound (456 g) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 ounces (57 g) smoked Gouda, grated
- 4 ounces (120 ml) Firestone Union Jack IPA (or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup (25 g) fresh baby spinach leaves, well-washed and chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced, plus some for garnish if desired
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and pressed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) white pepper
- 1 sourdough round loaf (optional) for serving
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 180F/82C.
- Put all ingredients into a small (quart/0.9 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes Principle) to remove the air from the pouch and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch and cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until the cheese has fully melted. Intermittently remove the pouch from the water bath and massage the contents through the pouch to combine and return pouch to water bath.
- With a bread knife, remove the top from the loaf of bread, if using, and hollow out the middle to make a bread bowl. Tear the interior bread into bite-sized pieces for dipping.
- When fully melted, pour dip into the bread bowl or a serving dish and top with additional red pepper garnish for color; serve with torn bread, crostini, toast points, or chips. Or drizzle onto tortilla chips with your favorite accompaniments for nachos. (Hint: Use what you need for serving and leave remainder in the water oven, in its zip pouch, to stay warm without growing a ‘skin’!)
Share This Recipe with Friends!