Serves 4 to 6
- 1-1/2 cups (195 g) asadero or Chihuahua cheese*, finely shredded
- 4 ounces (113 g) diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 serrano pepper, stemmed and finely chopped (seeds optional to your liking)
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 175F/80C.
- Put all ingredients into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water bath to cook for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Periodically remove the pouch and massage the contents through the wall to mix. Return the pouch to the water oven to continue cooking and to keep warm until serving.
- Pour dip into warm serving bowl (or ladle from pouch into individual serving bowls as needed.) Serve with tortilla chips or as a cheese sauce on chicken or fish.
Share This Recipe with Friends!