Adapted from The Zen Kitchen
Serves 8 to 10
For the chicken wings
- 5 pounds (2 kg) chicken wings, split into flats and drumettes
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) kosher salt
- 4 cups (0.9 liters) high smoke point oil, such as peanut oil for deep frying
- Carrot and celery sticks for serving
- Ranch dressing for serving
For the Buffalo Sauce
- 1 stick (114 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Frank’s Red Hot (or your favorite hot wing sauce)
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 170F/77C.
- Season the wings with salt and vacuum seal in cooking pouches in a single layer, using as many pouches as needed.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven to cook for 4 hours (or up to 8 hours.)
- Remove wings from pouch(es) and pat very dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix together the Buffalo Sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a dutch oven or deep fryer to 400F/200C and carefully add the wings to the hot oil, working in batches and keeping them moving with tongs, until they are nicely golden brown.
- As your remove the wings from the oil, dunk them in the Buffalo Sauce and put onto a sering platter. Tent with foil to keep warm until all wings are ready.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks and plenty of ranch dressing!