Makes about 1 ½ quarts (1.5 liters)
- 1 bottle (750 ml) vodka (or grain spirits)
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) whole dark roast coffee beans
- 3 cups (710 ml) simple syrup
- Fill and preheat the water oven to 135F/57C.
- Put the vodka and coffee beans into a zip-closure cooking pouch. Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove as much air as possible and zip the pouch closed.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 30 minutes. The contents must be completely submerged to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the pouch and submerge it in an ice water bath (half ice, half water) for 20 to 30 minutes to quick-chill the contents.
- Strain the infused vodka through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl and discard the beans.
- Add the simple syrup to the vodka and mix well.
- Pour the cordial into two or more clean bottles, label, date, and store, tightly capped, in the refrigerator for up to six weeks.
Share This Recipe with Friends!