Sous Vide Infused Lychee and Melon Bulldog Gin
Courtesy of the Mondrian Hotel Bar
Makes about 1 liter
- 1 pound (0.45 kg) peeled lychee fruit
- 1 cup (240 ml) honeydew melon (cubed)
- 1 liter Bulldog Gin
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 140F/ 60C.
- Add all ingredients to a zip-closure cooking pouch. Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 3 hours.
- Remove pouch and submerge in an ice bath (half ice, half water) for 10 minutes.
- Strain the gin into a clean bottle, label, and cap. Store refrigerated for up to 4 weeks.
Try it in the Eye of the Dragon Cocktail