Courtesy of Staff Blogger, Madeline
Yields: 2-3 cups (16-24 oz/473-710 ml)
We encourage you to take the time to toast the cumin seeds, as this extra step brings out the natural oils and adds a depth of flavor. A tip, toast more than you need and then store in a glass jar for future use, this comes in handy when crunched for time.
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) crushed red pepper
- 1 large bunch cilantro, stems and all
- 2 large bunches flat-leaf parsley, stems and all
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 heaping teaspoon (5 ml) hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (70 ml) lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Using a food processor, chop the garlic.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the work bowl, except for the olive oil, and blend until chunky and coarsely chopped.
- With the motor running, gradually add the olive oil. The final consistency should be a loose paste.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.