Strawberry Corn Relish
Makes about 3 cups
- 6 ripe strawberries, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cups (450 g) corn kernels, fresh or frozen/thawed
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) champagne vinaigrette (commercially prepared or your own recipe)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) smoked sea salt
- In a cast iron pan or other heavy skillet, over medium high heat, add the smoked sea salt, then the scallions and lightly sauté until the scallions are softened.
- Add the corn and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the vinaigrette and transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add the butter and stir lightly.
- Fold in fresh strawberries.