Courtesy of Vivian Peterson
Serves 4 to 6
- 5 to 6 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons (57 g) butter
- 1/3 cup (12 g) fresh flat leaf Italian parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons (10 ml) truffle salt, to taste
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 180 to185F/82 to 85C.
- Put potatoes into cooking pouch(es), evenly distributed in a single layer without overcrowding, and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch(es) in the water oven to cook for 1-1/2 hours, until quite tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet on the stovetop, melt the butter and sauté the garlic and parsley until very slightly brown. (Don’t let them burn!)
- Remove the potato pouch(es) from the water oven, open them, and drain the accumulated liquid away; pour the potatoes into a food processor work bowl or a blender, add the sautéed garlic and parsley, the cream, and the truffle salt, and puree until smooth.
- If not serving right away, put the mashed potatoes into a large zip-closure cooking pouch, remove as much air as possible using just your hands, and zip the seal; keep warm in the water oven or immediately quick chill in the pouch, submerged in an ice water bath for at least 20 minutes, and refrigerate for later use. (Reheat, in the pouch, to serving temperature, along with other foods you may be cooking or reheating.)
- Transfer the warm potatoes to a serving bowl and enjoy.
Share This Recipe with Friends!