Barbecued Potato Salad
Adapted for sous vide from Alison Ladman’s Three-Pepper Barbecue Potato Salad
For the potatoes
- 2 pounds (.9 kg) red ppotatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 jar (12-ounces/342 g) roasted red peppers, drained, seeded, patted dry, and chopped
- 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked very crisp and crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup (120 g) shredded cheddar cheese
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 182F/ 83C.
- Put the potatoes into a cooking pouch in a single layer and vacuum seal
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 30 to 45 minutes until nicely tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- When the potatoes have cooked, drain off any accumulated liquid and pour them into the dressing.
- Add the red pepper, cheese, scallions, parsley, and bacon and toss to coat everything.
Like this? Why not share it: