Sous Vide Copper River Salmon
- 4 Salmon fillets, skin and pin bones removed
- Seasonings of your choice*
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) high smoke point oil for searing
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 125F/51.5C.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and the seasonings of your choice; put into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 15 to 30 minutes, depending on
thickness of the fish, for a medium rare.
- When the cooking time has elapsed, remove the pouch, open it and pat the salmon dry.
- On the stovetop, heat the oil in a skillet over high heat and sear the salmon for about a minute, just long enough to give it a golden glow.
Seasonings to consider: various salts (pink Himalayan, volcanic Black Sea salt, truffle salt), peppercorns (black, green, or pink), fresh herbs (basil, thyme, dill, chives, tarragon), citrus (lemon, lime, orange), or spices.
Like this? Why not share it: