Makes about 3 cups (700 ml)
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 2 cups (383 g) Castor (superfine) sugar (or for Brown Sugar Syrup, substitute packed brown sugar for the castor sugar)
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 190F/88C.
- Put the water and sugar into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip closure cooking pouch and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 1 hour.
- Pour into a clean bottle with a stopper or screw-top and label.
- Cool and keep refrigerated for use up to 6 weeks.
Share This Recipe with Friends!