Courtesy of Vivian Peterson
- ¾ cup (180 ml) fresh orange juice
- Zest of an orange
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) honey
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 6 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml/2 g) cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill and preheat SousVide Supreme to 185F/85C.
- Put all ingredients into a zip-closure cooking pouch and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 45 minutes.
- Delicious straight out of the pouch!
Learn more about this Seattle Sous Vide Cooking class here.