Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Specialist, Madeline Fiore
- 12 ounces (340 grams) haricots vert or your favorite summer pole beans, trimmed
- 2 romaine hearts, washed and pulled apart
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced into 8 wedges OR 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 sous vide soft-cooked eggs, cut into halves
- 2 ounces (57 grams) Manchego cheese, grated
- 16 of your favorite olives
- Madeline’s Sherry Vinaigrette
- 1/6 cup (39 ml) sherry vinegar
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- ½ cup (118 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 183F/84C.
- Put the trimmed haricots vert into cooking pouches, creating a single layer and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette
- In a small bowl pour the sherry vinegar over the shallots and let them macerate for 15 minutes.
- Once macerated, whisk the honey into the shallot mixture until well mixed.
- Slowly whisk the olive oil into the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- When the haricots vert are finished cooking, put them into a bowl and toss with ¼ cup of the sherry vinaigrette.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the romaine hearts, haricots vert, tomatoes and eggs. Sprinkle the cheese and olives on top and drizzle the salad with the remaining sherry vinaigrette.