Courtesy of Harry Soo of Slap Yo’ Daddy BBQ
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 pounds (1.5 kg) Flanken-cut beef short, about 10-12 pieces
For the marinade
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 small white onion, peeled and rough chopped
- 6 cloves whole garlic peeled
- 1 stalk green onion, rough chopped
- ½ cup (120 ml) Korean soy sauce
- ½ can (6 ounces/180 ml) 7Up
- ½ cup (100 g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) honey
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) SYD Hot Rub or salt and pepper
- Puree marinade ingredients in a blender.
- Sprinkle SYD Hot rub on both sides of the ribs
- Arrange 4 ribs in a single layer in a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch.
- Pour the marinade over the ribs and seal the pouch. Repeat until all ribs are packaged. Save any excess (unused) marinade for future use. (You can freeze it.)
- Refrigerate the ribs overnight to allow marinade to infuse the meat
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 140F/60C.
- Submerge the rib pouches in the water oven to cook for 72 hours (3 days.)
- Remove and cut open the pouches.
- To finish, you can sear, grill, or blow torch the ribs to get a nice surface char.
- Serve with steamed rice and some Korean-style vegetables.
Share This Recipe with Friends!