Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Specialist, Sophie
Serves 4 as a starter or side or 2 as an entree
- 1 cup (173 g) dried couscous
- 1 cup (240 ml) just-boiled water
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil
- 1 recipe sous vide cooked Mixed Vegetables
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (110g) crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) chopped mint
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 183F/83C.
- Put the couscous into a small (quart/0.9 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch.
- Pour the just-boiled water into the pouch and use the displacement method to remove the air and zip the pouch closed.
- Put the pouch into the water bath and leave to cook for 8 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the pouch and leave to sit for a further 2 minutes. (If you prefer, you can also cook the couscous by the traditional stovetop method.)
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing:
- put the vinegar, crushed garlic, and olive oil into a bowl and mix together with a small hand whisk.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Open the zip pouch and use a fork to fluff the grains of couscous.
- Pour the couscous into a large serving dish, pour the dressing over the couscous, and mix well with a fork.
- Spoon the sous vide vegetables over the couscous and sprinkle the chopped mint and crumbled feta on top.
- Serve as a starter, light supper, or side dish. This is also a great meal for a lunch box.