Courtesy of Steve Cylka at theblackpeppercorn.com
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- ½ cup (96 g) sugar
- ⅓ cup (120 g) cognac or brandy
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 180F/82C.
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and sugar, stirring often. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in the cognac or brandy and set the syrup aside.
- Put the peach halves into a cooking pouch, pour in the syrup, and vacuum seal, being careful that the syrup does not get sucked into the vacuum sealer. (Alternatively, use a zip-closure cooking pouch and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and seal the pouch.
- Submerge the pouch in the water bath and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the water bath and immediately submerge in an ice bath (half ice/half water) to stop the peaches from continuing to cook.
- Just prior to serving, peel the skin off the peaches.
- Serve the peach half on its own or with crème Anglaise or vanilla ice cream.
Share This Recipe with Friends!