Cranberry Infused Gin
Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Specialist, Sophie
Makes about ¾ liter (750 ml)
- 1 bottle (25 fl oz/750 ml) gin
- 1 cup (120 g) fresh cranberries
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 153F/67C.
- Put a large (gallon /3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch into a baggy rack.
- Pour the gin into the pouch and add the cranberries.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ principle) to remove the air and zip the seal closed.
- Once the pouch is zipped closed, submerge it in the water bath for 2 hours.
- After two hours, remove the pouch from the water oven and strain the infusion through a fine sieve into a clean bottle or jug with a stopper. Discard the cranberries or reserve for another culinary use.
- Put the jug of gin into a basin of ice water and leave to cool. Store in the refrigerator or freezer for weeks.