- 2 cups (420 g) sous vide Mashed Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs*
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (480 ml) high-smoke-point vegetable oil for frying
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Portion the mixture using an ice cream scoop onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap (cling film) and freeze for at least an hour to overnight.
- Heat the oil to 375F/190C. Remove the latkes from the freezer and fry in batches, to prevent overcrowding, for 2 to 3 minutes per side until they are golden brown and heated through. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in a 180F/82C oven until you’ve finished cooking the remaining latkes.
- Serve warm, with SousVide Applesauce.
*If you have plain left over mashed potatoes, simply add 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) each of garlic powder, onion powder, and Herbes de Provence to the flour and proceed with the recipe.