Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Specialist, Madeline Fiore
- ½ pound (227 g) center-cut salmon fillet, skin and pin bones removed
- sea salt, to taste
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon (35 ml), crème fraiche
- ¼ pound (113 g) smoked salmon
- 1 ½ tablespoons (22 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- chopped chives, for garnish
- Fill and preheat SousVide Supreme to 126F/ 52C.
- Season the salmon fillet with salt; put it into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on the stovetop, melt 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent, but not browned, about 5 minutes. Season with a few pinches of sea salt and take off of heat.
- Put the remaining butter into a small bowl and beat with a rubber spatula until creamy and smooth. Stir in the crème fraiche and set aside.
- Once the salmon has cooked, remove it from the water oven and cooking pouch and gently break apart the flesh into a bowl.
- Stir in the cooked shallots, smoked salmon, lemon juice, olive oil and season with about 1/8 teaspoon (0.6 ml) of sea salt or to taste. Season with white pepper to taste.
- Fold in the butter mixture and put into a serving bowl. Chill for at least an hour prior to serving. Garnish with chives and serve with crackers and crostini.
Share This Recipe with Friends!