For the squash puree:
- 1 ½ cups (355 ml) mashed sous vide-cooked squash
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 1 ounce (28 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ounce (60 ml) crème fraiche
For the mascarpone cream:
- 8 ounces (227 g) mascarpone, divided
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) heavy whipping cream
For verrine assembly:
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 9 ounces (255 g) sous vide-cooked squash, cubed
- Sea salt to taste
- Mashed squash (as above)
- Mascarpone cream (as above)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) toasted or spiced nuts or seeds (sesame or your favorites)
- Fleur de sel, to taste
- In a bowl, stir together the mashed squash, honey, melted butter and crème fraiche until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mascarpone and heavy whipping cream until light and fluffy.
- In a skillet on the stovetop, cook the prosciutto over medium-high heat until caramelized and golden on each side. Once cooked, blot with paper towels.
To assemble the verrines:
- 1. Toss together the sous vide cooked cubed squash with sea salt to taste.
- Put about 1 ½ ounces (43 g) cubed squash in the bottom of every serving glass.
- Spoon a good-sized dollop of mascarpone cream over the squash.
- Divide the pureed squash mixture evenly amongst the serving glasses as the next layer.
- Add another dollop of mascarpone cream.
- Sprinkle nuts or seeds and a pinch of fleur de sel on top.
- Garnish with prosciutto and serve immediately.