Courtesy of Chef Michael Solomonov of Zahav, Philadelphia, PA
On the 1st Day of Christmas, my SousVide Supreme gave to me… a perfectly poached pear for all to see!
- 2 large, red Bartlett pears, rinsed and dried
- 3 ounces (100 grams) raw honey
- ½ fresh vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 4 pods white cardamom, crushed
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 158F/70C.
- Peel, core, and halve the pears and put them into a cooking pouch with the honey, vanilla, and cardamom.
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on ripeness. They should be past “al dente”.
- Carefully remove them from the water bath and serve, immediately, with your favorite ice cream or just by themselves.