Courtesy of Dominic Franks (Belleau Kitchen)
- 2 fillets smoked haddock
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 handful lemon thyme
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 large free range eggs
- olive oil
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven and set to 140F/60C.
- Put each haddock fillet into a cooking pouch; add a slice of lemon, a sprinkling of lemon thyme, and a glug of olive oil and vacuum seal the pouch on gentle setting, if available or interrupt vacuuming at about 90% evacuation and seal the pouch to avoid crushing the delicate fish. .
- Submerge the pouches of fish in the water oven and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pouches and set them aside covered with a tea towel.
- Raise the water oven temperature to 167F/75C, adding very hot water to speed the process along, and once the temperature is reached carefully and gently drop the eggs in their shells directly into the water, letting them sit on the bottom perforated grill of the water oven. No need to put them into pouches.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes for large chicken eggs. (Cooking time depends on the diameter of the egg. Use this helpful chart to guide you.)
- To plate up, simply transfer the fish from the pouches to the plate and crack the egg on top–it should open up easily to reveal the perfect poached egg. Sprinkle with a touch of salt, if desired, and freshly ground pepper and serve
Share This Recipe with Friends!