2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm)cubes
1 medium onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
1 ½ tablespoons (22.5 ml) coconut oil (divided use)
1 teaspoon (5 ml) paprika
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chili powder
1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt
1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground black pepper
1 tablespoon (15 ml) minced fresh parsley leaves (about 1/4 cup fresh parsley)
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 183F/84C.
2. Put the potatoes into a cooking pouch in a single layer and vacuum seal.
3. Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 90 minutes.
4. When the sweet potatoes cooked, remove the pouch from the water, open the pouch, drain the liquid, and set potatoes aside until ready to finish the home fries.
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
2. Add coconut oil and allow it to melt.
3. Add the diced onion to the pan and sauté, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, cooking until nicely browned.
5. Add the paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
6. Add an additional tablespoon of coconut oil to the skillet, and then the sweet potato cubes, shaking the skillet to make an even, single layer.
7. Cook the potatoes without stirring until the cubes are brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes, then carefully flip the potatoes with a large spatula, repeating this process until the potatoes are browned on most sides, another 5-10 minutes.
8. Remove to a serving dish and keep warm; toss with minced parsley to finish.