- 1 cup (90 g) Arborio rice*
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 8 to 10 Crimini mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 8 ounces (228 g) cooked turkey or chicken, diced (leftovers work well!)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) roasted minced garlic (jarred)
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) turkey or chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
*These proportions of liquid to rice are for Arborio rice. If you use another type of rice, they will not work and you’ll need to adjust them by feel.
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 183F/83C.
- Put the olive oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Saute the onions and mushrooms until just tender.
- Put the sauteed mushrooms and onions and all remaining ingredients, except the cheese, into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch and cook for 45 minutes.
- Open the pouch, fluff the rice with a fork, and transfer to a warm serving bowl.
- Stir in the cheese and serve.