Serves 6 to 8
For the pudding
- 8 ounces/1 cup (226 g) almond paste
- 2 sticks (8 ounces/226 g) butter
- 8 ounces (226 g) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces (113 g) sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
For the whipped cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup superfine (castor) sugar
- sliced almonds or raisins for garnish
- honey, for garnish
- Fill the SousVide Supreme water oven to the fill line and preheat to 193F/90C.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the almond paste for about 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and continue beating until blended, then beat in the sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until they are incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the flour with a large rubber spatula.
- Add the vanilla, the almond extract, and the salt.
- Put the cake batter into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch; vacuum seal the pouch. (Or if you prefer, use a zip-closure cooking pouch and the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.)
- Put the pouch into the water oven and allow to cook for 90 minutes or until the pudding is firmly set.
- Before serving, whip the cream, then when soft peaks form, add the almond extract and castor sugar and whip to firm peaks.
- Spoon the warm pudding into dessert bowls and top with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and a few sliced almonds or plumped raisins, if desired, and a drizzle of honey over the top.
Share This Recipe with Friends!