Courtesy of Karen Booth of Lavender and Lovage.
Serves 2 as a main, 4 as an appetizer
- 1 bag (110 g) mixed greens (mache, arugula/rocket, other)
- 1 large cooked beet (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 3 ounces (225 g) sous vide cooked salmon, flaked (instructions below)
- 2 clementines, peeled and segmented (supremes)
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) wasabi, freshly grated (use less or more to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) honey
- On serving plates (or one large platter) arrange the mixed greens; add the beetroot wedges, the salmon, and finally the clementine supremes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the crème fraiche, wasabi, and honey. Adjust seasonings, adding more wasabi if desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve with warm slices of rye or sourdough bread.
To cook the salmon sous vide:
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 140F/60C.
- Remove any pin bones from the salmon, season lightly with salt and pepper, put the pieces into cooking pouch(es) and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch(es) in the water oven to cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pouch(es) and carefully remove the salmon.