Courtesy of Karen Booth (Lavender and Lovage)
- 12 ounces (350 g) penne pasta
- 2 (5 ounce/350 g portions) sous vide cooked (warm) salmon fillets (instructions below)
- 1 orange, for zest only
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped fresh chives
- 4 ½ tablespoons (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for passing
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) crème fraiche
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Flake the salmon and assemble all remaining ingredients (except the crème fraiche) in a bowl, ready to add to the hot pasta.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain it well. Add the crème fraiche and mix the two well together before adding the salmon and remaining ingredients and gently mixing through.
- Serve immediately with crusty brown bread. Pass extra grated Parmesan for those who would enjoy it.
To cook the salmon sous vide:
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 140F/60C.
- Remove any pin bones from the salmon, season lightly with salt and pepper, put the pieces into cooking pouches and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven to cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pouches and carefully remove the salmon.