Makes about a quart and a half (1.2 liters)
- 2 cups (383 g) castor sugar
- 4 cups (960 ml) water
- 3 inches (7.5 cm) fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 ounces (60 ml) vodka
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 147F/64C.
- In a zip-closure cooking pouch, put all ingredients, except vodka, and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 90 minutes.
- Strain the pouch liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl, add the vodka and transfer the infusion to clean bottle with a stopper. Discard solids.
- Refrigerate the syrup to chill thoroughly.
- Store, sealed, in the refrigerator for up to several weeks.
Share This Recipe with Friends!