Lutefisk Sous Vide
Courtesy of Lars Ringnes (Sous Vide Norge)
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 lutefisk
- unsalted butter
- Maldon salt flakes and additional butter for serving
- 1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 122F/50C.
- Cut the lutefisk into portions about 1 to 1-1/2 inches (3 to 4 cm) wide and cut off the fins.
- Put the portions onto a platter, sprinkle with salt it all over and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.
- Rinse the salt off under water and pat the fish portions dry.
- Put the fish in a single layer into one or more cooking pouch(es); add a pat or two of unsalted butter and vacuum seal. Take care not to squeeze the fish when vacuum sealing, using the Gentle setting if your sealer has one and/or interrupting the suction process by forcing the seal.
- Submerge the pouch(es) in the water oven to cook for 50 minutes.
- Serve with some Maldon salt and butter on top.