Makes about 1-1/2 cups (360 ml)
- 5 medium-sized hot chili peppers, such as jalapeños or fresnos
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 ml) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (100 g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 182F/83C.
- Meanwhile, roast the peppers over the flame of a gas stove, on a grill, or under the broiler until skins are completely charred.
- Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Peel away the charred outer skins, cut the peppers in half, remove seeds and cores, and finely chop the flesh.
- Put the peppers and all remaining ingredients into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for at least 5 hours, but even overnight for 8 hours will be fine.
- When cooked, remove from the water bath and quick chill in the pouch, submerged in ice water (half ice, half water) for at least 30 minutes
- Serve right away or refrigerate, in the pouch, unopened, for up to a week.
Share This Recipe with Friends!