Makes about 1 cup (240 ml)
- 1/2 pound (228 g) peaches, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup (75 g) raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 (about 38 g) yellow onion, peeled and diced small
- 1/8 cup (30 g) chopped preserved ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 ml) mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) curry powder
- 1/4 cup (50 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) pickling spice (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 182F/83C
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard seed, curry powder, brown sugar, pickling spice, oil and apple cider vinegar together to make a paste
- Put the peaches, onion, and ginger into a cooking pouch; add the spice paste and massage through the pouch to coat.
- Vacuum seal the pouch and submerge in the water oven to cook for at least 5 hours and overnight is fine.
- Remove from the water oven and while warm, coarsely mash the contents through the pouch.
- Quick chill in the pouch submerged in ice water (half ice, half water) to chill; refrigerate until ready to use or up to 1 week.
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) whole mustard seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) whole allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 bay leaf, finely crumbled
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 6 whole cloves
- Put all ingredients into a spice grinder and grind to powder
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Share This Recipe with Friends!