Courtesy of Steve Cylka of The Black Peppercorn
Serves 2 (doubles nicely)
- 1 rack back ribs
- 1½ cups (360 ml) barbecue sauce, divided
- ⅓ cup (66 g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 160F/75C.
- Peel the thin membrane off the back of the ribs and cut them into individual rib portions.
- Make the marinade by whisking together 1 cup of BBQ sauce with the brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Put the ribs into a large bowl, pour the marinade over them and toss to ensure they are completely coated in the marinade.
- Put the ribs into cooking pouches in a single layer and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven and cook for 18 hours (or up to 24 hours.)
- Preheat the traditional oven to 425F/215C.
- Remove the pouches of ribs from the sous vide water bath, cut open and, using tongs, remove the ribs and transfer them to a broiling pan.
- Brush the ribs with some of the remaining BBQ sauce and put them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
Share This Recipe with Friends!