- 8 cups (2 quarts/1.9 liters) chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups (630 g) uncooked medium or long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons Enchilada Spice* (recipe follows)
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper or large pasilla or poblano, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- Fill and preheat the sous vide supreme to 183F/82C
- Into each of two large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouches, put half the water and half the rice.
- Season each pouch with half the Enchilada Spice and add half the diced peppers.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seals.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven to cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove, fluff with a fork, and serve.
Makes about ½ cup of spice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) paprika
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried mustard
- ¼ teaspoon (0.6 ml) cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a zip-closure bag to blend well.
- Use what you need and store the remainder in the zip-closure bag in a cool dry place.
Share This Recipe with Friends!