Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Specialist, Madeline Fiore
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and washed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 jalepeno, deseeded and minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- • 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed, chopped
- Fill and preheat the water oven to 182F/83.5C.
- Season the corn with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Put the corn into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss together the garlic, jalapeno, tomatoes, lime juice, olive oil, avocados and cilantro.
- Pull the cooked corn out of the water oven and if grill marking is desired, preheat an oiled grill or grill pan to high heat. Sear the ears briefly on the hot grill for added smoky flavor, rotating to put a few grill marks on all sides.
- Once the corn is cool enough to touch, cut the kernels away from the cob and stir into the garlic mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as an accompaniment to fish or scallops, grilled meat, or tacos. Or simply scoop up with tortilla chips.
Share This Recipe with Friends!