Serves 6 to 8
- 5 pounds (2 kg) brisket, trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) lard or beef tallow
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (28 to 42 g) butter, for searing
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 134F/56.5C.
- Season the brisket liberally with salt and pepper on both sides and put it into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch.
- Put the fat, garlic, and rosemary into the pouch (half on each side of the brisket) and vacuum seal.
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 48 hours.
- Remove from the pouch and pat dry.
- Heat a skillet over high heat and when hot, add the butter, let it foam, and add the brisket. Sear on each side for about 1 minute to brown, spooning the browning butter over the meat.
- Slice on the diagonal and serve with your favorite sides.
Share This Recipe with Friends!