For the potatoes
- 2 pounds (.9 kg) red potatoes, washed and cubed
For the dressing
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
- 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 182F/ 83C.
- Put the potatoes into a cooking pouch in a single layer and vacuum seal
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 30 to 45 minutes until nicely tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet on the stovetop, cook the bacon until crisp, drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion until translucent in the bacon grease.
- To finish
- Deglaze the skillet with the vinegar, stirring up all the brown bits adhering to the bottom.
- Whisk in the sugar and all the seasonings, except the parsley. Set aside and keep warm.
- When the potatoes have cooked, drain off any accumulated liquid and pour them into a large serving bowl.
- Pour the warm dressing over the potatoes, add the bacon, and toss to coat evenly. Add the parsley and toss again. Serve warm.
Share This Recipe with Friends!