Courtesy of Quinn Rudee
Serves 6 to 8
- 3 to 4 pounds (1.5 to 2 kg) Lone Mountain Wagyu (or other beef) brisket
- 1 recipe dry rub (follows)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (14 to 28 g) butter, for finishing
- 1 sprig rosemary, optional, for finishing
For the dry rub
- 3 tablespoons (36 g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) onion powder
- 2 teaspoons (5 ml) ground black pepper
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 132F/55.5C
- In a small bowl, combine all rub ingredients and mix well. (Store any excess in an airtight container for future use.)
- Depending on size of the brisket, you might need to cut it into pieces that will fit comfortably into the cooking pouch.
- Season the brisket on both sides with the rub, put each piece (if cut) into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch(es) in the water oven to cook for 48 hours.
- To finish, heat a skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Remove the brisket from the pouches, pat dry, and sear in the skillet on one side for about 1 minute. Turn to sear the other side and add the butter (and the rosemary if using) to the skillet. Baste the meat in the foaming butter for a minute.
- Slice and serve with your favorite sides.
Share This Recipe with Friends!