Serves 10 to 12
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-ounce/396g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12-ounce/354g) evaporated milk
- 1 can (12-ounce/354g) crème de coco
- 2 cups (480 ml) white rum
- 2 or 3 cinnamon sticks
- ground cinnamon for garnish
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 140F/60C.
- In a blender or large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until pale yellow. Add the water, evaporated milk, condensed milk, and crème de coco and mix until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove as much air as possible and zip the seal.
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 2 hours.
- Remove the pouch from the water oven and quick chill, submerged in ice water (half ice/half water) for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to remove the cinnamon sticks and any solid bits and store in a clean pouch or covered container in the refrigerator until serving.
- To serve, put the egg and cream mixture into a large punch bowl, stir in the rum, and sprinkle cinnamon over the surface. Ladle into individual mugs or glasses for serving.
Share This Recipe with Friends!