Courtesy of Seth Sempere (Spur Gastropub, Seattle, WA)
- 1-3/4 ounces (50 ml) blanc rhum agricole*, 100 proof (Rhum J.M. Blanc preferred)
- 1 ounce (30 ml) sous vide infused Butternut Squash Cordial
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) Campari
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 dash Fee Brothers’ aromatic bitters
- 1 pinch salt
- Ice cubes, as needed
- Put all ingredients, except ice, into a cocktail shaker.
- Add the ice, shake well, and fine strain into a punch cup or cocktail glass.
Bartender’s note: Depending on the natural sweetness of the squash, you may want to adjust the amount of lemon juice or bitters to your liking.
*Rhum Agricole is the French term for cane juice rum, a style of rum originally distilled in the French West Indies islands from freshly squeezed sugar cane juice rather than molasses.