Recipe and photographs courtesy of Liz Harris (Floating Kitchen)
- 2 ( 5-ounces/145 g each) boneless salmon fillets (skin on or off)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cranberry sauce (pureed if chunky)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.6 ml) salt
- In a wide, shallow bowl, stir together marinade ingredients.
- Remove about 1½ tablespoons (20 ml) of the marinade and reserve it for step 8.
- Add the salmon fillets to the bowl and turn to coat them on all sides in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- While the salmon is marinating, fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 140F/60C.
- Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade, put them into a small cooking pouch, and vacuum seal using the Gentle/Moist setting of your sealer, if available.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the broiler to high heat.
- Remove the cooking pouch from the water oven and carefully remove the salmon – it will be luscious and delicate!
- Put the salmon fillets onto a broiler-safe pan, brush with the reserved marinade and place under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the marinade is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with a sprinkling of chopped cilantro, if desired.