Vanilla Cardamom Rice Pudding with Cherries
Courtesy of Jana Seitzer (MerlotMommy.com)
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 1/2 cups (840 ml) skim milk*
- 2 cups (420 g) Arborio rice
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) cardamom
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) pure vanilla extrac
- ½ cup (130 g) fresh, frozen, or canned dark sweet cherries
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla sugar for finishing, optional*
- Fill and preheat the Sous Vide Supreme water oven to 180F/82C.
- Put all ingredients into a large zip-closure cooking pouch and stir to combine. Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove and open the pouch, stir the ingredients, and portion into individual serving bowls.
- Sprinkle a little vanilla sugar (optional) on each serving, if you like your rice pudding sweeter.
*This particular recipe was about the flavors and spices, not sweetness. Also, if you like your rice pudding on the very wet side, I would add about another 1/2 cup of milk or water to this recipe.
Like this? Why not share it: