Courtesy of Jana Seitzer (MerlotMommy.com)
- 2 cups (480 ml) white wine
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 1 cup (240 ml) maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups (240 g) sugar
- 4 pears
- Fill and preheat the Sous Vide Supreme water oven to 176F/80C.
- Combine all ingredients, except the pears, in a saucepan. Simmer and reduce sauce until about 20% of the liquid has cooked down and the alcohol cooked away.
- Peel and core the pears.
- Put the pear halves in a single layer into large zip-closure cooking pouch(es).
- Pour the syrup over them, dividing it between pouches, if needed, and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, remove the pouch from the water bath, open, and serve the pears with a drizzle of sauce on top.
Share This Recipe with Friends!