Courtesy of Adriana Martin (AdrianasBestRecipes.com)
- 2 ounces (57 g) achiote paste
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Sazon seasoning with cumin, pepper and salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 1 pound (.45 kg) boneless pork ribs
- 1/2 purple onion, peeled and cut in rounds
- 1 orange, cut in rounds
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 149F/65C.
- Meanwhile, make the pibil marinade by whisking together the achiote paste, oregano, Sazon seasoning, and orange juice in a bowl. When the paste is thoroughly dissolved, add the vinegar and whisk to combine.
- Put the ribs into a large zip-closure cooking pouch; add the marinade, along with the garlic and the olive oil.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook the meat for 24 to 48 hours until tender.
- Prior to serving, heat a well-oiled grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Remove the ribs from the pouch and sear on both sides for color and flavor.
- Serve family style with your favorite vegetables; also delicious paired with sous vide cooked Spicy Pickled Pineapple.
Share This Recipe with Friends!