- 1 bunch spring onions, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (240 ml) water or light cream, as preferred
- fresh olive oil, for garnish (optional)
- fresh parsley leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 180F/??C.
- Chop the white and green parts of the onions and put them, along with all remaining ingredients except the water (or cream) and parsley, into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until all vegetables are very tender.
- Open the pouch and pour the contents into food processor or blender. Add about ¼ cup (60 ml) of the water or cream and process. Slowly add the remaining water or cream to achieve the desired consistency and volume you prefer.
- Add a drizzle of good, fragrant olive oil and a sprinkling of fresh parsley and serve.
Share This Recipe with Friends!