- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups (316 g) rice
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can (14 ounces/410 g) canned diced tomatoes and their juice
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground black pepper or to taste
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 183F/84C.
- In a skillet on the stove top, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions until limp.
- Add the rice and stir to coat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- When cool, put the rice into a large zip-closure cooking pouch, add the chicken or vegetable stock and the tomatoes and their juice, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove, fluff the rice with a fork, and transfer to a warm serving bow.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve!
Share This Recipe with Friends!