Doce de Banana
- 5 small bananas, firm but ripe, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (200 g) brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 176F/80C.
2. Put the bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and cloves into a small cooking pouch and vacuum seal. Use the Gentle setting, if available, to avoid crushing the fruit. (Interrupt the sealing by forcing the seal if the fruit begins to be crushed.)
3. Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 30 to 40 minutes, until bananas are soft and the sugar has melted.
4. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
5. Open pouch and remove the cinnamon sticks and cloves.
6. Serve bananas warm in a bowl topped with whipped cream or over vanilla ice cream.