Makes about 2 cups (480 ml)
- 2 large (beefsteak or similar) tomatoes, cored, and diced
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 2 green bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.6 ml) ground black pepper
- ½ cup (240 ml) white vinegar
- Fill and preheat the water oven to 183F/84C.
- Put all ingredients into a small zip-closure cooking pouch and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for at least 45 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Remove from the water bath and allow the pouch to cool enough to handle.
- Using your hands, crush the sauce through the pouch to a slightly chunky consistency.
- Open the pouch, stir in the vinegar, and serve as an accompaniment to roasted or grill meat, fish, poultry, or vegetables.
Share This Recipe with Friends!