Courtesy of Jason Wilson (Crush, Seattle, WA)
- 4 portions (6 ounces/170 g each) fresh King salmon, bones removed, skin optional (if reserving skin, remember to have scales removed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) kosher salt
- 4 slices fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter, cut into four pats
- Fill and preheat the Sous Vide Supreme water oven to 126F/52C.
- Season the salmon evenly with kosher salt and top each portion with a lemon slice and a pat of the butter.
- Put the portions into cooking pouches (two portions per pouch) and vacuum seal on Gentle setting, if available.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven to cook for 20 minutes. Set the timer. (They can go a bit longer, but because fish is so delicate, leaving them too long could result in a mushy texture.)
- When timer sounds, remove the pouches, open, and serve directly or quickly sear in an oiled skillet over high heat for a minute or so to caramelize the surface and add a second texture and flavor.
Share This Recipe with Friends!